Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 9

Today's challenge is to listen to your spouse. Really listen.

They suggest two different exercises:
 * spend an entire day listening to your husband, not speaking unless he asks you a question.
        They suggest that if he asks what's going on, you tell him that you are making an effort to listen to him more. I think I'll give it a shot, but I'm still afraid he'll think I'm mad at him, or something.
 * ask your husband a question about something he enjoys. Really listen to his responses. Keep asking questions until he tells you something you didn't know, and respond with "Wow! I didn't know that!"
        I guess I could give it a shot.

Not gonna happen today though. Day's already over.
No negative speech today. So that's good. It's a lot easier when he's at work, LOL.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:"  -- James 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment