Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 12

Today's challenge is to see the positive that your husband is already doing and verbally thank him for that.

The idea is that sometimes our vision gets clouded by our perspective, and every now and then we need to clear our eyes and see the good.

Still behind on my assignments. Feel bad about it too. Yesterday's and the day before's were so easy, and I didn't do them. By the time I had a chance, I'd forgotten.

Holding steady in the not speaking negatively aspect. And I'm noticing a change in myself too, that I think is due to this change in speech: I'm not as angry anymore.

I had a lot of pent up anger & frustration that would come out in my speech. It's not that I'm just not saying it, keeping it bottled up inside, it's more like the anger isn't there. Well, not nearly as much.

Of course, it's all a trade-off. I may not feel as angry, but I do feel more... sad. Sadness is definitely my dominating emotion right now, when it comes to my marriage. I'm sad a lot.

To recap how pitifully I'm doing:
Day 7 (praising his money managing ability) hasn't really presented itself yet. Day 8 (appreciating his faithfulness) not done. Day 9 (listening challenge) not done. Those both seem like they'll take time, so it might be a while. Day 10 (noting his attractiveness) not done, but shouldn't be a problem. Day 12 (today) I don't think will be a problem. We'll see how the rest of the day plays out.

"With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;"  -- Ephesians 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment