Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 15 (and catching up)

Challenge is going well. I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything negative about my husband in quite some time. It's kinda sad that that is an achievement, isn't it?

Today's challenge is to praise FireMan for a way that he is growing spiritually. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know if I can do this. I don't see any spiritual growth on his part. Yes, he attends church regularly. He's actually more attentive to our attendance than I am. But often I feel that he does so out of a sense of obligation, not truly out of a desire to worship the Lord and hear His Word. And... that's about it.

So it appears that for today I will be doing the alternate challenge: pray earnestly that God will work in FireMan's heart and watch for signs of spiritual growth in the future.

I do still see improvements. Some days. It seems like our relationship will take three or four baby steps forward, then one giant jump backward. That's how it feels anyway.

I did manage to catch up on some of my homework:

Day 7 (praising his money management ability): did last night
Day 8 (appreciating his faithfulness): not done yet
Day 9 (listening challenges): not done yet. Both of these challenges take time. I think I might be better off picking a day & just doing it, instead of waiting for the opportunity to present itself.
Day 10 (telling him what I find attractive about him): did Friday
Day 12 (thanking him for something he's already doing): not done. I forgot.
Day 13 (praising his sexual prowess): no problem. Done the day of.
Day 14 (praising him for how he walks in integrity): not done

No comments:

Post a Comment