Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 8 (yesterday)

Struggled yesterday. One thing I struggle with is when I feel like FireMan is attacking me, when he is saying hurtful things. I find it difficult to defend myself without sounding negative. Sometimes I have opted to trying to ignore it and not saying anything. Sometimes I defend myself. And this leads to internal conflict. I am proud of myself for standing up for myself & defending myself. But I don't want to get sucked into his negativity.

I also struggle with the intent of this exercise. When it says no "negative" speech, do they mean negative in my eyes, or negative in my husband's eyes. Because I'm pretty certain that some of the things I've said to defend myself, although I don't see them as negative, I'm pretty sure that FireMan would perceive them that way. So is the exercise for me to not say anything truly negative, or to not say anything that is perceived as negative? Follow?

Yesterday's assignment was to show your husband that you appreciate his faithfulness: both to you in his commitment to your marital vows, and his faithfulness to God.

Eh. Not done.

I did manage to finish the assignment from Day 6 though, praising him in public. At the cookout with my friends that I mentioned, he was telling someone how he was a volunteer recovery diver, and I bragged on him a bit. All true too. I really am proud of him, you know.

Also managed to complete the assignment from Day 5. Friday night we were at my parents' house, and I got to express my love for my husband to family.

Day 7 (praising his money managing ability) hasn't really presented itself yet. Day 8 (today) not done. This homework is piling up!

"Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?"  -- Proverbs 20:6

No comments:

Post a Comment