Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 7

Today's challenge is to discover ways to encourage & help FireMan in the way of money / finances and let him know how I appreciate his strengths in financial matters.

FireMan is very frugal with money, so this is easy to do, but again... if the opportunity presents. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but again I just think it would be weird to just blurt it out if we're not already talking about money in some area.

The not-speaking-negatively seems to be getting easier. I think sometimes it becomes a matter of habit, and getting back in tune with what is actually coming out of your mouth, you know.

Outstanding assignments:

Day 5: tell a relative (his or yours) how much you love, respect, and support your husband.

Day 6: praise his creative accomplishments in public, while he is listening.

One struggle I have been having is feelings of selfishness. When I think about my assignments, I sometimes find myself thinking: "where are my compliments? where's my encouragement? why do I still have to listen to negative words from my husband? why isn't anyone doing this for me?" I'm sure it's a natural reaction, but sometimes I wonder if it's Satan trying to distract me from my course. Must. Stay. The. Course.

"Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven."  -- Proverbs 23:4-5

"That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures."  -- Proverbs 8:21

No comments:

Post a Comment