Monday, February 13, 2012

HE PUT MY COAT ON LAST NIGHT

Yes, this deserves all caps.

Why?

Because this has never happened.

We went out to dinner, and as we were leaving he picked up FireGirl's coat, then picked up my coat, then held it out and put it on me. You know, like a gentleman.

FireMan has been trying. And I can tell.

And it is very sweet. And it makes me smile.

His tone of voice is different toward me. Softer.

He has complimented me.

He has cleaned up dog urine (we're still housebreaking Chief), instead of just telling me where the spot is.

He told me I could buy a new outfit for our Valentine's Dance even after we found out it was semi-casual and I probably have plenty of things to wear.
I didn't find anything that spoke to me, so no new outfit, but that's not the point.

And he helped me with my coat last night.

I'm a little scared that this is all temporary and will last just long enough to get me off of the let's-go-to-counseling kick, but... I'm hopeful.

And that is a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment