Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Husband:

I need to know that you care as much about this marriage as I do.

I need to know that you are willing to fight as hard for this marriage as I have for the past two years.

We have our problems: yours, mine, and ours.

The blame for our situation, I am confident, does not lie with either one of us individually, but with both of us together.

And while for a brief moment I thought things were better, it's become apparent that that is simply not the case.

Maybe we just speak different languages. Maybe we just need an interpreter.

I need to see you fight for us, fight for our marriage, fight for our family, fight for me.

I don't mean for this to sound like I'm expecting you to do all the work, but the truth is that I've already done everything I know how to do. I've read the Bible, I've prayed, I've asked you what you needed from me, I've told you what I need from you, I've read multiple books about relationships & marriage, I've done what I knew how to do to be the best wife I know how, I've sought advice from trusted friends, I've seen a therapist, I've done "homework", I've flat out lied on the floor and sobbed to God to just please help us, and I booked us on our marriage weekend.

While each of those may have yielded minimal results, nothing has fixed the problem.

And now I'm out of ideas.

So I'm coming to you, my husband, and asking you for help in saving our marriage. What are your ideas? What can you do? What can we do?

I need you to want this as badly as I do. I need you to show me that you care about our marriage, about us, as much as I do. I need to see you doing the work, and I need to see you fighting for us.

Because I don't know how much fight I have left.



Love you, Always,
    Your Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment