Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3 (yesterday)

I had intended to post last night, but forgot.

Yesterday's challenge was to let your husband know that you appreciate his kindness and consideration towards you, that you value the way he is gentle or tender.

The opportunity to do so did not arise.

See, FireMan is not very gentle or tender. He is often inconsiderate, and can come off unkind. And I don't totally blame him for this. As I have grown to know his family, I have come to realize that he didn't really have any role models in this area. Not even his mother.
Sensitive issues, of any kind, are much more likely to be met with a crass remark, a crude joke, or a sarcastic comment than with any sort of understanding or kindness.

So... I guess I'll just keep this in mind, keep my eyes open for even the slightest showing of consideration towards me, and show my appreciation then.

One interesting point: at the end of the challenge description, it says to remember that "Ultimately, you can't expect your husband to make you feel more secure, loved, etc. Remember that only God can meet the deepest needs of your heart." This definitely hits home for me.

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,"  -- I Corinthians 13:4

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  -- Phillippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment