Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1

This. Is. Hard.

Already.

Today's challenge is to let your husband know you're glad your his wife. You're glad your married. Easy enough. Done.

The not saying negative things has been more difficult. Already. And the day's only half over. And it's only Day One.

I mean, I'm not that bad. It's not like I'm a total b**** or something. The challenge just makes me think before I speak. Something I should be doing anyway, right? With everyone. And I've held my tongue quite a bit today. Not that what I was gonna say was really negative, it just wasn't... positive. So I didn't say it. I have a feeling this exercise will end up being good not only for our relationship, but for me as an individual as well.

One of my struggles is that I tend to be rather passive-aggressive. So what I'm actually saying, or sometimes doing, to get my point across isn't negative in & of itself. It's sometimes the... intent(?), I guess. I have a feeling that's gonna be quite a struggle for me over the next month.

"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."  -- Proverbs 31:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment