Friday, June 25, 2010

Day -1

I found a 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives and liked the way it sounded. So this is my journey thru that challenge.

If you happen to read any of my other blogs, you've probably come to realize that FireMan & I have been having some struggles lately in our relationship. Being familiar with FireProof (both the movie, and the concept), I've been thinking of it a lot lately. And although I know that I can't fix everything myself, I also acknowledge that I need to do whatever I can to improve not only the situation, but myself as well, working to become the best wife & partner I can be. And some guidance in this area would be very helpful.

I am not the perfect wife. Not by far. I am flawed. I have faults. And I need to work on them. And so when I stumbled on this challenge today, while googling something else (God? fate?) I at first ignored it. After all, it wasn't what I was looking for. Then I opened the site. Then navigated away from it. Then went back. Then decided to do it & printed it out.

And then, because throughout my life I have come to realize that if I am going thru something, then someone else is too, I decided to blog about my experience with the challenge. If nothing else, hopefully by sharing my journey, it will let someone else out there realize that they are not alone, and maybe give them some ideas for their situation as well.

I start the challenge tomorrow.

What is the challenge? Here's the essence of it:

Every day for the next 30 days:
 * I cannot say anything negative about FireMan. This includes things I say to him, and things I say to others about him. Nothing negative at all.
 * I must say something that I admire or appreciate about Fireman. This should be said both to him, and to others about him.

On top of that every day has it's own separate assignment.

Ha! Thirty days is starting to sound like a long time! But I'll we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment