Wednesday, September 19, 2012

And He Talks

Really talks.

Like maybe he's never done before.

At least not with me.

This past weekend, the hubs and I talked. For hours.

About real stuff. Not piddly little day-to-day items. Not rambling about family or friends or what not. We talked about us. About our relationship, our marriage, our thoughts, our feelings.

We talked.

Without yelling. Without getting angry. Even when we were discussing what upset us. We just talked.

Hashed it out.

And it was awesome.

We both got our feelings hurt. We both got confused. But more importantly, we both got heard.

Pure awesomeness I tell you.

The truth is that love is an action, a series of actions. I am able to love my husband better when he tells me what he wants & needs from me, from life. And vice versa.

There's a lot of talk about the importance of real communication in relationships, and I think maybe for the first time I really get it. When we don't communicate with our spouse, we hinder their ability to love us, and for us to love them. We make it harder for them to love us. Not in feelings, but in actions. How can they know how to best love us, if we don't let them in to the deepest parts of ourselves? The truth is, they can't.

Communication is key. I'm convinced.

I'm also in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment